Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mighty Ducks

I went "running" this morning around my new favorite lake again. I just like all of the fun things I usually see there, although I do have to be careful not to lose my sense of purpose when I'm out for a run. Training for a half marathon means I can't stop every few steps to take pictures, right?

So I decided to limit myself to stopping only once mid-run to take photos, which takes a lot of willpower when there are teeny tiny baby animals like ducklings, geese, and squirrels hanging out. And the parakeets I saw last time were back, too. I was surrounded by adorableness.

But no, today I only stopped to take some photos of ducks in trees.

First Florida duck seen in a tree while I was running
What's up, duck? Oh, you are.

Second duck seen in a tree while I was running
This one is a little harder to see, but I hope you can make him out right in the middle there. 
This isn't the first time I've seen ducks in trees down at the lake, but I think it's the first time I've taken photos of it. It just strikes me as odd. Ducks like to paddle through the water. Or waddle around the lake looking for handouts. We just don't think of them as hanging out in trees.

But why shouldn't they hang out in trees? They can fly, right? Why should they be more limited than their feathered cousins?

Maybe some ducks are just better at it than others, though. I mean, I've got two legs just like every other sub-2 half marathoner out there, but I can't seem to run that fast.

In other news, it's day 5 of the Whole Life Challenge. The challenge incorporates more than nutrition - exercise, water, sleep, mobility, and reflection are all part of it. So in many ways, it is more difficult to meet the challenge requirements than doing something like the Whole 30, which only focuses on food. Yet I find this to be easier because the food rules for WLC are a little less stringent. Still, ask me about it 8 weeks from now. At least the Whole 30 is completed after one month.

I really like what the founders believe about pursuing "perfection," and that it's human nature to just always want to be better. We always want more than we've got. The founders say I should just accept this, and that I shouldn't try to chase perfection. I will apply that to every facet of living a healthy lifestyle, EXCEPT I will strive for perfect adherence to my food plan. This is a major component of achieving success with the Never Binge Again program, which has been working really well for me. Which reminds me, I do owe you an update on NBA. Maybe next post.

If you haven't entered already, don't forget Saturday is the last day to enter to win a digital kitchen scale from EatSmart products. Whether you are looking to lose weight or just want to be able to provide more accurate data in your MyFitnessPal food logs, having a kitchen scale will help you achieve more precision in knowing your calorie and macronutrient intake. Good luck to everyone who entered so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment