Monday, June 19, 2017

Rotated Hips

I've had super tight hamstrings for as long as I can remember. In fact, I almost was not allowed to participate in high school sports (I did winter and spring track) because I always failed the required physical in this one area. But nobody told me what to do about it (I think "physical therapy" was thrown out there at one point), and they let me participate anyway. Great!

When I lived in New Jersey, I had excellent health insurance that covered chiropractic visits with a small copay. My chiropractor shared I had rotated hips, as he noted that when I laid flat on my stomach, one leg appeared shorter than the other. After a quick adjustment, things were aligned perfectly, and I'd go back twice a week to keep things in line. 

I have been thinking about this since my awesome yet strangely weird massage experience I had last Monday. My massage therapist noted it and tried to correct it for me, and I did feel a little bit better immediately after the massage. However, I definitely had some soreness in my left quad while running on Tuesday, so I don't think what she did had any lasting effect. 

Star Wars Han Solo wondering "WTF?"

So I'm thinking that - even though I'd still like to continue with monthly massage - I may be better served going back to a chiropractor more regularly. Unfortunately, my new health insurance isn't going to cover jack squat at a chiropractor, so I may need to free up some funds to try this new approach. We'll see how it goes for a little while - if no improvement, I'll get back on the massage train. 

In the meantime, I've been watching YouTube videos about stretches that can be done to help minimize the problem. If you have experienced this and have any other suggestions, please leave a comment and let me know what else I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment