Friday, October 12, 2018

Rant of the day: Hurricanes (Again)

See, this is exactly what I'm afraid of. That - even with everything I've been through - the worst isn't over. Things aren't going to get any better.

I'm stepping away from telling my cancer story today to rant about hurricanes again. Lord knows I've earned the right to rant.

Hurricane Michael

My family and I are fine, btw. We live further down the Gulf Coast, and while there were storm surge warnings in our area, there really was very little impact down here. But my God. My heart goes out to everyone in the panhandle.

So let's all give a big "F* You" to hurricanes and do the following, in order:

  1. Give all you can to help the victims of hurricanes. There's plenty of organizations out there that can use the help, but if you need a suggestion, I like the Red Cross and Team Rubicon
  2. Support organizations that are working to protect the planet and combat climate change, like The Sierra Club. Then monitor your own consumption - remember, we should all "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" in that exact order. 
  3. VOTE. For the love of Pete, vote as hard as you can in November. We can't let things continue this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment