Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Help me, Obi-Wan...

I'm considering that I may need to enlist the help of a true Jedi Master... er personal trainer... to help me reach my goals.

Three years ago - when I hit my 2:00 at my first half-marathon - I was devoting two mornings each week to 30 minutes of personal training at Globo Gym. I was also trying to get into 'wedding shape', so I was certainly motivated to attend workouts at the crack of dawn. I cut the personal training out after the wedding - just didn't feel like I needed to pay for it anymore.

The only problem is that weight lifting is boring. If I've got to do it on my own, I usually end up passing in favor of treadmill time. I'm attending bootcamp classes twice weekly at my gym and fooling myself that I'm building muscle when deep down, I know it's a cardio class. Today's circuit included about five minutes of bicep work, ten minutes of burpees, and forty-five minutes of running. Ok, there was other stuff thrown in there too, but I don't think attending this twice weekly is going to build me the explosive leg strength I need to sprint that last half mile come April.

Star Wars Yoda: Small you are, lift you must.

If I remove 2 days of bootcamp from the training schedule and replace it with one day of personal training and one extra running day, that might get me to where I need to be. I'm going to look into the cost when I'm back at Globo Gym on Thursday - tomorrow night is Running for Brews night. Last week, I struggled with Running for Brews because of an ill-timed latte, so hoping tomorrow night is better.

Speaking of coffee, happy free coffee day! I got mine from Wawa.

197 days left.

Today's Exercise: 1 hr Bootcamp @ Globo Gym

Breakfast
Lunch
PWO
Dinner
Coffee
Eggs with Spinach
Beef Stew
Iced Pumpkin Scone
N/A
Free Coffee at Wawa!
Tuna
Baby Spinach Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment