Thursday, September 24, 2015

Is there a Droid for that?

The current state my blog is in annoys me. It's so... blah. I want it to look like this. Or this.

Mobile view of my blog, "Run to the Dark Side"
Posting it here in case I do make changes down the road so you can see its humble beginnings. Ooh, it's a blog within a blog. Reminds me of the movie Inception.


I've invested time and energy into quite a few blogs in my life, from providing Quickbooks advice to sharing the adorableness that is kitten rescue.

Should I continue with Blogger or go back to more familiar stomping grounds with Wordpress?

How do I connect to Twitter? What widgets do I need to make this look awesome? Should I drop a few bucks on getting a banner made by Fiverr instead of cobbling something together I 'borrowed' from runDisney?

I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Besides coming up with the 'perfect' blog format, I also need to figure out the 'perfect' nutrition and training plan. Fail to plan, plan to fail.

I've been using My Fitness Pal (MFP) to log nutrition over the past few days to help plan, but find I'm not hitting my targets. There's still part of me stuck in the old 'calories in, calories out' mentality that drives me to 'underdo' it during the week in preparation for overindulging on the weekend. I've got to be more diligent in upping my nutrition, especially on workout days.

Plus I've got to pay attention to what I'm actually consuming. A lot of foods don't agree with me. Take dairy, for example. I felt the need to include a new Starbucks Toasted Graham Latte to celebrate the first day of fall yesterday, and had a miserable 5k run because of it. Note to self: save the lattes for non-training days.

Speaking of, I have to figure out exactly what ARE my training days. For my first - and fastest - half marathon, I followed the Hal Higdon plan. Not perfectly, but pretty close to it. My second half marathon happened shortly after the first, so I just continued on the plan. Probably should have had more rest time in between... But the last two races I ran, I didn't really have any kind of plan. I don't know if I want to do Hal Higdon again because I feel like it's too much running (Google "chronic cardio"). And my knees are getting cranky. My hope is that I can cut back to running 2x week - one sprint, one long distance - and cross-train the other three days a week.

Pitfalls. I'll write about those tomorrow.

202 days left.

Today's Exercise: Bootcamp (1 hr) @ Globo Gym

Breakfast
Lunch
PWO
Dinner
2 Eggs Scrambled w/ Spinach
Coconut Oil
Coffee w/ Star Wars themed Coffeemate
Chicken Apple Sausage
Quinoa w/ Kale
Coffee
N/A
Red Robin... don't judge, it's an occasional indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment