Friday, May 27, 2016

Running haiku

Because why not. For those not familiar, a haiku is a form of Japanese poetry - three lines, 17 syllables (5 in the first, 7 in the second, 5 in the third).

Sometimes I wonder
Why run races I can't win?
Blame insanity.

Business meetings do
not happen on the race course.
Should learn to play golf.

Look! Disney announced
new races with new medals.
Please take my money.

Star Wars. Nothing but
Star Wars. Gimme those Star Wars.
Don't let them end. Ah... (can not take credit for this one)

Yeah, I run thirteen
point one miles. No, I don't look
like I do. Cookies.

Half marathon in
under two hours. Can't seem to
do it. Frustrated.

Not giving up yet.
If I can't do it this year
will find new hobby.

This haiku is not
about running. Dog passed gas.
Can not concentrate.

Too hot to go run.
Will read "Fifty Shades" instead.
(Also sub: Will watch "Game of Thrones" instead.)
(Also sub: Will watch "House of Cards" instead.)
(Also sub: Will watch "Daredevil" instead.)
(Also sub: Will get a massage instead.)
(Also sub: Will go take a bath instead.)
A guilty pleasure.

Heart Rate Monitor
Y U No Stop Chafing Me?
Must get Body Glide.

Running haiku. Y U No Stop Chafing Me?


I could do this all weekend, folks. Give me a topic. Or leave your own haiku in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment