Monday, June 6, 2016

Catch Me Running Dirty

As much as I always prefer to be home instead of travelling for work, I will say there are some perks to being a runner in New Jersey instead of Florida at this time of year:
  • I heart the weather. No humidity and/or Tropical Storms.
  • The sun is actually up here at 5:30am, so I feel less like I'm getting up in the middle of the night.
  • I've got access to a 400m track. They keep these pretty locked down in Florida.
Of course, the question still lingers... should I even be a runner anymore? My right foot has not healed properly since April's half marathon. It's not like I'm in intense pain all of the time - I'd say it's about a "3" on a scale of 1-10 when I run.

And a "3" is not enough to keep me off my feet. I need to be active. I'm not sure what "active" for me is without running. CrossFit is fine, but I can only handle it about once a week right now, and I can't take my gym with me when I travel.

But I can always toss my running shoes in my suitcase.

And I do have a choice in shoes.

Could it be my most recent choice in footwear is contributing to my problems? Only one way to find out.

So I ended my five-month affair with my minimal running shoes and begged my Saucony Hurricanes to take me back.


Darth Vader "The Force Was Weak with Me"

But my old shoes turned a cold shoulder.  When I hit the track this morning, I felt no different than I have felt on any other run I've attempted over the last few weeks. The heavier, more cushioned shoes were no help to my foot whatsoever.

Next two days are going to be longer than usual with work. I'll be able to try running again Thursday morning, but my optimism is low.

Guess I just need to run to the foot store and grab a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment