Friday, June 3, 2016

National Donut Day

Not easy to be a sugar addict on National Donut Day. All I see over social media are all the places that are giving out free donuts! When will we be celebrating National Spinach Day?

And doesn't anybody else think that if they are going to hold Global Running Day and National Donut Day in the same week, why not make it the same day? I mean, if you are going to eat free donuts, you might as well earn them.

Star Wars National Donut Day


Today was actually Blood Draw Day for me. I finally worked up the courage to go have my lab tests done as prescribed by Dr. Paleo. I can regale you with wonderful tales of the numerous times I've fainted when in the presence of needles, but maybe some other time. I always blanch at the suggestion of having blood work done. But I've decided June should be my month to focus on health and do the things I've been putting off.

I'm travelling back to New Jersey tomorrow and will be gone for the next week, so my doc should have the results by the time I get back. I can then talk to him about the current state my ankle is in. I would have expected it to be back to normal by now as we're getting close to two months since I injured it, but last night's treadmill run told me otherwise.

I'm also meeting up with a periodontist when I get back to make sure things are not as dire for my front teeth as I was told they might be back in April. I had a follow-up appointment with my dentist a few weeks ago, but that office is a hot mess and I trust nothing they say. I'll be finding a new dentist, but figured it couldn't hurt in the meantime to get a true expert opinion.

Anyway, no running for the next two days (at least for me), but getting in some fun tonight with the husband before I leave him for the week. We're going to a classical concert by a well-respected artist, perhaps you've heard of him:


No comments:

Post a Comment