Sunday, June 12, 2016

This is the Part When I Break Free

Home. It's good to be here.

So now I have no excuses for not completely committing to becoming a better, healthier me, right?

Tomorrow sounds better.

Or maybe next week. I have to travel again next weekend for a wedding. Ugh. That means I have to wear a dress. And be in photos. Kinda wished I had committed to becoming a better me two months ago...

I just realized that I've been on a plane at least once a month since February this year. Twice a month in May and June. Let's keep the streak going!!!

Han Solo giving Luke a sarcastic look in Star Wars.
#sarcasm
I'm a homebody. I hate not being in complete control of my environment.

There's always going to be a "good" reason to put off the diet to the future, and right now travel is my excuse. But no matter what the excuse, it just boils down to the fact that I think it's somehow going to be easier for future Nicole than for present Nicole to do it.

And we know this just isn't true.

Wouldn't I be doing myself a huge favor by just committing today?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm really just not that motivated. I hear so many transformation stories like this one that start with people making permanent changes because they need to for their children. Well, I'll never have that type of motivation.

I feel like I've been presented with plenty of motivational opportunities, though. Like trying to avoid public failure, for example. The purpose of pulling this blog together to announce my intention of running a sub 2 half marathon was to keep me committed. And that didn't work.

Being told there's a chance I might lose my front teeth? Scary as hell, but apparently not scary enough to keep me away from sugar.

Untimely death of a loved one? I thought I was motivated after my stepmom died about thirty years too soon, but nope. Still stuck in unhealthy behaviors.

Tomorrow's a big day. Gonna learn the fate of my teeth, and also going to see my doctor for the results of my blood test last week. I'm also going to have him look at my foot since that still isn't healed from the half marathon I ran two months ago.

Maybe I'll actually find my motivation tomorrow. And maybe I really will commit tomorrow.

Today's exercise: Spin

No comments:

Post a Comment