Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Exercising your self-care muscles

My feet were feeling much better and I got a decent night's sleep after Monday night's cramp issue, so I had no problems getting up at 5:30 for my morning run today. I usually prefer running outside, but decided to hit the treadmill at the gym this morning since I needed to complete a few errands before signing on to work at 9.

For me, a "dreadmill" run first thing in the morning beats an outdoor run after work. I don't have that same "I should be doing something else" guilt that accompanies the end of a workday, unsatisfied that I've accomplished everything I could. Even taking 20 minutes to write this blog post feels self-indulgent because there's so much work to be done.

I'm not alone here, right? Don't we all think we can do more... do better... do faster?

If you're with me, you might dig this video about self-compassion.

I know I link to Greatist a lot. I just find all of their content to be SO RELEVANT. So you could probably just bypass my blog and sign up for their newsletter here.

And when you're done with that, stop beating yourself up and, ya know, give yourself a hug.

Star Wars Leia hugging Chewbacca


66 days left.

Today's Exercise: Treadmill run @ Globo Gym and core work

My Garmin was definitely off tracking, though - I'd estimate a minute per mile slower than what I have here:

M1: 14:30
M2: 14:42
M3: 14:09
M4: 14:30

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
3 eggs with spinach, coffee
3 eggs with spinach, teaTJ's Kraut, 2 HB eggsTJ's chicken burger and baby spinach, tea

2 comments :

  1. This is great! Your "dreadmill" comment makes me laugh, and I totally agree that an early morning workout (even begrudgingly) is way more satisfying than an evening run. Keep on being awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of Greatist yet but that is awesome! I need to get back on the dreadmill :)

    ReplyDelete