Sunday, February 14, 2016

"I Love You." "I Know."

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends. Celebrating with my Valentine tonight at Cinderella's Royal Table. I reserved this months ago for the hubs, intending it to be a surprise, but Disney went ahead and loaded it to his "My Disney Experience" app the day after I made the reservation.

Surprise blown. Thanks, Disney. But I forgive you - as long as Leia is among the Disney princesses that visit our table tonight.

Anyway, I had a spaz moment this morning. My routine on Sundays used to involve meeting up with my mom at a branch of Globo Gym near her for spin class, and then having breakfast together afterwards. I changed it up after beginning Maffetone Method training though since I had a really difficult time keeping my heart rate in the MAF range at spin. So I'd still meet up with her at the gym but run on the treadmill instead. She's cool with that because we still get sauna time and breakfast to catch up on all the goings-on of the week.

But I kind of loathe the treadmill now. So I figured I'd slightly modify my routine and run on the Pinellas Trail - a 40 mile bike path - that goes right past Globo Gym. I planned on using the gym for strength/sauna/shower time afterwards.

Good idea right? Until I saw this:

My running route was fenced off.
Foiled!
So I grudgingly went back inside and started my run on the treadmill. But I was way overdressed, expecting to be running outside in 52 degrees (and, yes, that's cold), and my dreadmill run felt even more miserable than usual.

After a mile, it hit me... that the trail runs in two directions.

So I went back to the trail...

My running route was NOT fenced off.
Smart, Nicole. Just turn 180-degrees next time.
I was so thankful to be able to finish my run outside, but man. I definitely took a stupid pill this morning.

Star Wars Darth Vader thinks I'm stupid.
Thanks, Vader. Who said anything about clumsy?
62 days left.

Today's Exercise: 3 mile run hybrid w/ core work:

M1: 15:20
M2: 15:44


Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
3 eggs with spinach, tomato, onion, coffee
N/AN/ADining like royalty at Cinderella's Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment