Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Under Pressure

Trying to squeeze two weeks of work into 2.5 days this week is leaving me feeling a little bit fried. I took some time off last week to move and unpack, and will be taking a day and a half at the end of this week to furnish my new house. I thought it would be fun to go to the furniture capital of the country, North Carolina, to do it - but I think I brought excess stress upon myself by planning it this way. It doesn't help that I have no internet at the house yet and now have to "commute" to work. I'm poaching internet at my mother's house so that I can remain gainfully employed, check my email, and get the blog done.

Better than the alternative - without my mom's house, I'd be spending an entire day using WiFi at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts and pounding lattes. I still feel way too presssured to get things done though, and it's making the animal crackers and chocolate she has here in the house way too appealing.

I had hoped to get back to morning running today before work - I'm not sure how much running I'll be able to do this weekend while travelling - but I didn't sleep very well last night. Among the issues:
  •  I had everything on my "to do" list running through my mind. 
  • I haven't figured out the programmable thermostat in the new house, and it got really hot. Ah, Florida. 
  • Zelda - our feral rescue kitty - was really anxious about being given free range of the house. She and Kirbi had been living in one room until we completed moving stuff in and out, and we opened the doors yesterday for them to explore. Zelda would get nervous whenever she couldn't find Kirbi and start whining pretty loudly. 
My cat running a game of Cat Fishing on the iPad.
Zelda currently holds the high score in "cat fishing" on the iPad. Maybe I'll put this out for her if the meowing continues.

So I think I logged about 4 hours of sleep last night and decided to skip the run. And skipping a planned run just adds to my anxiety. 

I know what I need to do to get myself off the ledge. Meditate. Eat good, healthy (preferably low carb) food. And remind myself what I've already accomplished while continuing to chip away at the "to do" list.

It just feels so overwhelming right now.

74 days left.

Today's Exercise:  Unplanned Rest

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Chili, coffee
3 Bean soup, animal crackers, more coffeeKale Chips, fruit smoothie, 3 pieces of chocolatechili

2 comments :

  1. You are only human my friend and only capable of doing so much each day! Maybe you could spread it out a little more? I know when I'm feeling overwhelmed (which is 90% of the time), I write down my to do list and then break it down into smaller and more realistic to do lists for each day of the week. Btw, I love that you let the cat play with your iPad! lol We have three and I bet they'd go crazy over something like that on our tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it one day at a time. Running will likely make you feel better and help you mentally. You're only one person, just do what you can.

    ReplyDelete