Sunday, October 18, 2015

Milestone-ish

Decent "long" run this morning - it's the first time I hit the 6 mile mark at a <10 min/mile pace. A year ago, I would have been really frustrated by this because I was generally a 9:00 min/mile runner. I just keep questioning whether or not my goal of a sub 2:00:00 half marathon by April is reasonable.

Don't forget, I'm trying to do this the day after running a 10k so that I can earn that coveted Dark Side Challenge extra medal. As of right now, my plan is to "wog" the 10k with my husband (he jokes that his stride is more of a combination walk/jog), but we'll see how I'm feeling five months from now.

Star Wars R2D2: Go for the slow roll?


I'm consuming as much information about running form as I can to help increase my speed. This article suggests the importance of knowing your cadence - and how elite runners average 180 steps per minute. I seem to be hovering around the 170 steps per minute suggested for an "easy, comfortable pace," although it certainly doesn't feel easy or comfortable to me. So I'm going to try to increase it during my next run, although the article doesn't really give you tips on how to DO that. 

I'm working on setting up a "Resources" page to post everything I've found useful in helping me "think like an athlete"  - if you have any other thoughts or suggestions on other resources, leave a comment and I'll check it out. 

181 days left.

Today's Exercise: 6.10 mile treadmill run (9:50 min/mile) @ Globo Gym

Breakfast
Lunch
PWO
Dinner
Scrambled eggs and spinach, coffee
Chef Salad, pumpkin macaronsN/ALeftover Chef Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment