Friday, October 30, 2015

Timing Meals

Timing is everything, isn't it? I've spent the last 16 hours seething over my housing situation, cursing my builder for not giving us enough time to figure out a solution, when I realized that at least we have a week to find something. Sure, we could have had a better plan knowing this information a month ago, but could you imagine if we showed up at our new house with our movers and furniture in tow, ready to move in... and no keys?

Oh, I'm still seething mad, don't get me wrong. I didn't sleep at all last night, thinking of all the wonderful things I'd like to say to our builder's sales rep next time we see him face to face.

Star Wars Darth Vader "Pray you do not alter it any further"

 I'm just expressing gratitude for the time we DO have to figure something out.

Anyway, I'm looking at my meal logs and see I've been neglecting the PWO portion of my meal plan for quite some time. Which begs the question - does timing of meals matter? This article focuses mainly on post-workout nutrition, not pre-workout fueling, and seems to show that eating shortly after working out improves performance, and that meal should be predominantly carbs and protein.

So I'm thinking my "PWO" now will stand for POST-Workout meal, and will be low on fat. I gave it a try today after my afternoon run. The problem is if I change to morning workouts, do I have my full breakfast of eggs beforehand? It doesn't seem like I could make that part of my routine. I'll be giving it a go next week once Daylight Savings Time ends and see how it goes.

169 days left.

Today's Exercise: Treadmill Run 3.2 miles (10 min/mile) @ Apartment Gym

Breakfast
Lunch
PWO
Dinner
Scrambled eggs with spinach, coffeeChili w/ cheese, pumpkin teaGNC Pureedge protein drinkMilkshake
dont judge

No comments:

Post a Comment