Saturday, October 24, 2015

Some Like it Hoth


I enjoy a good sweat sesh in the sauna after a workout. I find the heat incredibly relaxing after a tough workout, and it's one of the reasons I keep up with a membership at Globo Gym.

I know it's not for everyone - my husband is not a fan. I think he's probably just a tad uncomfortable with male nudity. Females, I'm guessing, are a little more modest. Anyhow, I'm glad I find it enjoyable, as I've learned the practice has some very specific benefits for runners:
  • Improved endurance performance
  • Helps athletes perform in higher heat environments (much needed, given my recent move from NJ to FL)
  • Reduces stress hormones
A more exhaustive list of all benefits can be found here.

Star Wars Luke and Han Solo on Hoth: Cold Therapy is also a thing
Just not MY thing...

 175 days left.

Today's Exercise: 1 hr Spin Class @ Globo Gym

PWO
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
N/A
Coffee, eggs, potatoesPotato w/ bleu cheese and balsamicChili

No comments:

Post a Comment