Friday, October 23, 2015

"Researching" the Course

Hanging out at Epcot tonight in preparation for the race. Figured it could help me visualize running through here at a 9:00 min/mile pace if I was actually here.

Ok, in all honesty, I don't know yet where the Star Wars Dark Side course will take me - they haven't published the route yet, and based on prior runDisney experience, I don't think I'll see a course map until the day before the race.

So I'm really just here taking advantage of the International Food and Wine Festival. I'm researching all of the stuff I shouldn't eat before running 13.1 miles.

I wanted to comment on the strength training I did on Wednesday, because I'm still feeling it today. I don't mind the soreness too much, though. Part of my problem with weight training is that I don't feel that same sense of accomplishment I do post-run, but I'm not sure at what point in my life I was made to believe that buckets of sweat = accomplishment.  This soreness was validation for me that, yes, in fact - I DID exercise and pushed myself adequately. I might have felt a little bit different had the soreness interfered with my run yesterday, but my body didn't seem to protest too much. Long story short, I'm looking forward to continuing weight lifting in place of bootcamp.

The only challenge was logging activity - MMR does provide a means (although not entirely user-friendly) for logging weight lifting, but then doesn't easily let you see your report on the app.
So I tracked all of my activity using the "Notes" app on my cell phone, and I'm planning on trying to do my set next week with heavier weights and fewer reps.

The soreness is making getting around the World a bit troublesome tonight though.

176 days left.

Today's Exercise: Rest Day

PWO
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
N/A
CoffeeChiliToo much to document at Epcot 

No comments:

Post a Comment