Saturday, December 5, 2015

Day 1 of a Two Week Test

I didn't get home last night from Mickey's Christmas Party until 3am, so I gave myself permission to sleep in a little bit today. Spending time at Disney made it very easy to meet my Apple Watch activity goals - check it out, it's the first day since I've had the watch that I filled all three rings for move, exercise, and standing:

Using the Apple Watch to track running and health


AND because I was still at Disney after midnight, I got a great headstart on meeting all three of today's goals! I'm still not sure about keeping the Apple Watch - I haven't been able to do another outdoor test with my phone yet. Yesterday, I ended up using our apartment gym since the weather wasn't great for an outdoor run - turned out to be a mistake, as all three treadmills at the apartment were broken, so I had to use the elliptical.

Since I slept in today, it was too hot to run outside by the time I was ready to go, so I used the treadmill at Globo Gym. Definitely overdid it on the goodies at the party last night, so wasn't feeling breakfast and did today's run in a fasted state. So far, I'm noticing consistency - each run I'm averaging 13:50 min/mile in order to keep my heart rate in the 135-145 range. I don't know if I have the patience to keep this up (or should I say keep this down?)

Tomorrow I should be able to get up early enough to go for an outdoor run and see if I can get this Apple Watch to calibrate. I ran 4.04 miles on the treadmill today, and the watch logged 4.9 miles - way off!

Today I started the Maffetone Two Week Carbohydrate Intolerance Test. Nothing of interest to report yet - I ate meals I usually eat like eggs and chili (from this recipe - one of my favorites), and I'm probably still processing all of the sugar I ate yesterday. I know a little bit about what to expect in the next week - I've done elimination diets in the past, including a few Whole 30's. I'm anxious to see if it will have any impact on my run times in the next two weeks.

133 days left.

Today's Exercise:  55 min treadmill run, 4.04 mi, HR: 141 bpm average


Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
coffee2.5 eggs with spinachChili

No comments:

Post a Comment