Friday, December 11, 2015

Party all night

Still not sleeping. Still not running (rest day today because of the no sleeping thing).

Still not worried about it. I just need to figure out the right food "formula" to get me through the end of the two week carb elimination test and beyond.

I've been getting some helpful guidance on the shortcomings of my diet over the last week, and it's clear to me now that I'm not getting enough fat and not quite enough food overall - so even though I don't feel hungry (at all), maybe I'm starving.

I eat the way I do for a number of reasons:

  • Convenience: I batch cook on the weekend and keep easy ingredients on hand I can throw together to make a meal. There's a lot of living to be done and I don't want to do it in the kitchen every day. 
  • Sustainability: I don't waste anything eating this way. I make sure every food item I buy is going to be used. I buy mostly fresh veggies and don't throw anything away. 
  • Resources: My temporary furnished apartment came with the bare minimum of kitchen supplies. I miss my Blendtec. I will definitely be adding more variety once I move into my house in January, but for now, I'll stick with what I know I can make with the tools I have on hand. 
  • Decision fatigue: Going back to the same meals creates a habit for me that eliminates the need to think "What do I want to eat for dinner?" - because after a day of making many tough decisions, my exhausted brain will go for what's easy and comforting, and usually unhealthy.
And I do like what I'm eating. One daily indulgence I look forward to is my peppermint tea from Trader Joe's. Peppermint tea has been shown to provide a number of health benefits, including helping you sleep. I guess I should be drinking it after dinner then instead of at lunch.

This whole not sleeping thing is definitely a negative side effect, but other than that I'm feeling REALLY good. I went through this list of 50 Reasons Healthy Eating Leads to a Happier You and can check off a few in just seven short days - I've definitely got more energy, which is weird for not sleeping. I'm always in a good mood - giddy at times. SO the party will continue.



127 days left.

Today's Exercise:  Rest


Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
coffee, 3 eggs with spinachtuna salad, peppermint teaPaleo turkey taco salad, walnuts for snack

No comments:

Post a Comment