Friday, December 18, 2015

This will be a day long remembered

So that other Star Wars thing is happening today...

At this point, you might think I'm late to the game. I have a few friends who have already seen it twice! But here's where I'm pulling out my bragging card - I'm going to one of only 18 theaters in the U.S. And Canada that are showing it in true 70mm IMAX.

Me with my Star Wars movie tickets.


So stoked. The only thing that I haven't solved for is what to do about dinner. My husband and I are leaving as soon as work ends for the day to ensure we can get in line for a good seat. So either that means dinner is at 4pm with the rest of the Florida earlybirds or at 10:30 which is my bed time. I've mentioned before that I despise movie theater popcorn, so I'm not worried about getting caught up in mindless movie snacking. But I'm thinking I'll probably do the dinner at 4 and bring my walnuts in with me for when the movie starts.

Anyway, I've been telling too many old running stories this week, so I probably owe a public update on the Two Week Test. It is, after all, Day 14. So here we go:

It's been a really challenging week for me personally since I last logged my progress. I lost a loved one. My housing drama is picking back up again. And work is piling on the projects. But here's the thing - in the past I might have turned to sugar to cope. Not this time - not a single craving. And my mood has generally evened out and stayed pretty positive since Monday, despite all that's been going on.

It's not all rainbows and unicorns. I am slowly losing patience with being slow. Even "wogging" kicks me out of my MAF zone. And then there's the sleep thing - there wasn't a single night on the test that I got a recommended 7-8 hours. But for the most part, I feel... good.

Technically, I'd begin a phased reintroduction to certain carbs tomorrow, but I'm extending the test one more day. I'm heading back to Disney tomorrow night to see a family member, and think staying on the test will keep me from recklessly indulging in all of the world's junk food at Epcot. I'll start the reintros on Sunday.

And THAT gives me more anxiety than anything else I've faced in the last two weeks.

120 days left.

Today's Exercise:  Walking, 65 mins around 16 min/mi

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
3 Eggs, spinach, Coffee
Tuna Salad,
peppermint tea
Almondschili, red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment