Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Hey there, body... you aren't starving.

Did I sleep last night? I'm not sure that I did. I just wasn't tired, and couldn't wait for morning to get here. I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve, but... it's the middle of the work week and I've got nothing going on.

I wrote about sleep troubles on Monday - I wasn't ready to chalk it up to diet then, but now that it's day 5 of the Two Week Test, I think my brain is signaling to my body to get up and go find some sugar.

I've experienced this before when doing the Whole 30. The solution? Eat more carbs. I'd throw a sweet potato on with dinner and be happy, sleepy, and free of headaches. Unfortunately, I can't do that for at least another 9 days. Tonight, I'm skipping the red wine since I'm sure that was complicating things - I vaguely remember saying I was going to forgo wine except on special occasions anyway. Monday and Tuesday night were nothing special this week. I may also try some pre-bedtime meditation. I may not be very functional if this keeps up.

Star Wars Emperor Palpatine says "Let the exhaustion flow through you"


A lot of people sacrifice sleep to be able to get things done in the 24 hours given to us every day, but I know sleep is critical. This is sponsored content, but here are 5 ways sleep improves fitness - I particularly like this quote:

"Muscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen, and built in bed."

I made today a rest day since my sleep was sub-par. I finally combed through all of the comments on the Maffetone Method blog and learned that rest days are still important in this type of training, so I have no guilt over skipping a run today whatsoever.

129 days left.

Today's Exercise:  Rest


Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
coffee, 2 eggs with spinachtuna salad, peppermint teaChili, more peppermint tea

No comments:

Post a Comment