Tuesday, December 1, 2015

How SLOW can you go?

I took my run this morning outdoors to try to calibrate my Apple Watch using my phone's GPS, but I don't think it worked very well. I turned on Map My Run so that I could compare the reading to what my watch said. When MMR notified me that I had hit a mile, the watch only read .95. By the end of my run, the Apple Watch was 1/10th of a mile behind MMR.

So I'm not sure what to do about that. Maybe it was a mistake using MMR - can only one app at a time use the phone's GPS? I asked Google, but couldn't find anything about it. I'm thinking I'll try a treadmill run again tomorrow and see if I get a more consistent reading than I did two days ago. If not, I'll run outside again on Thursday and take the same route, but won't turn MMR on.

One thing remained the same - keeping my heart rate between 135-145 bpm is hard! Just like Sunday, I felt like I was pretty much just speedwalking by the end of my run.

BB-8: Slow your role when heart rate running training

I know the other big component of using this approach is nutrition. I'll be starting his two week carbohydrate restriction test on Saturday - conveniently after I go to Mickey's Christmas party at the Magic Kingdom Friday night, and before a few other holiday parties occur. It's perfect timing, so no excuses for me to fall off the wagon!

137 days left.

Today's Exercise:  60 min outdoor run, 4.08 mi, HR: 144 bpm average

No comments:

Post a Comment