Tuesday, December 29, 2015

There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?

The Force Awakens may be my new favorite movie

Most interesting man in the world: I don't always run to the movies, but when I do, it's to see Star Wars.


It used to be The Lion King. Lions keep showing up in significant places in my life. But there's something about this movie...

Or perhaps, something about the timing of this movie. That it represents a moment where maybe, just maybe, I'm finally living my right life - one where I'm in control of all of my choices. And happy.

And, coincidentally, I only found this path because of signing up for a Star Wars themed race.

But despite all of "the awesome" I feel daily, I can't ignore that I haven't slept more than six hours in a night since starting this three weeks ago. Sleep is probably the most important thing when it comes to good health, and not getting eight hours... sucks, frankly.

I read through this article about getting your circadian rhythm back on track and see I can check two out of three off the list.

Coffee? None for me after 3pm, thanks.

Bedtime rituals? All set with my toothbrush, a snuggle with my dog, and a book.

Carbs? Sigh. I can't. Not yet.

I've tried a few other things in the last few days, including adding a magnesium supplement and pre-bedtime guided meditation, but still find myself awake and alert between 3 and 4am every night. So really, all signs point to phasing carbohydrates back in.

I've committed to waiting until after a bowl game/tailgate party on Saturday to try sweet potatoes again, so I have a few days left to try one more thing - adding more high fat/low carb foods to my day. We'll see how it goes.

The Force, if you could go back to sleep for just another hour or two, that would be really great, mmkay?

109 days left.

Today's Exercise: 1 hr treadmill run (15:30 min/mi)

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
3 eggs with spinach, coffeeTuna salad, peppermint teaHC latte, walnutschili w/ guac

No comments:

Post a Comment