Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Accentuate the Positive

There's a lot bumming me out this week. I debated pretending nothing is bothering me, but nah. I'll just purge it all here because maybe that will help me move past it all.

  1. Cats. I was criticized for what I said here. As if one blog/vlog post read by a small group of followers is going to all of a sudden halt all altruistic adoptions of unwanted pets. I... of all people... want you to adopt cats. Seriously. More on this another time.
  2. The race. This, of course, is not news. The thought of selling off my registration has crossed my mind, but then I remember this is the inaugural Star Wars Half at Disney World and there's not going to be another one. Plus I'll need to do this one if I want to get the runDisney Coast to Coast medal. So there's no way I'm sitting this one out.
  3. Fakebook... I mean "Facebook." We're all pretty selective about what we choose to post, right? I'm exhausted trying to keep up with everyone else's happiness. I get comments IRL about things I have posted on Facebook that I'm sure were not intended as criticism, but certainly feel like they are. So... for the first time in nine years... I deactivated my account. And I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders, even though my blog traffic has suffered a little bit because of it. (Friends, you can still reach me on messenger.)
  4. Easter Candy. I may have hinted that I wanted a 1/2 price Cadbury Creme Egg to my husband on Monday, and he interpreted that as "bring home every last bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and marshmallow Peeps that CVS has available". Easter candy is like my kryptonite. With additional stress coming from marathon family visitation week, I'm fighting a losing battle here.
Star Wars Stormtrooper fighting off Easter candy
I need better armor to fight off Cadbury Mini-Eggs.
Quote of the day: "This is how you succeed: You fail so many times that you run out of options and the only thing left is success."

Today's exercise: 6ish mile run

M1: 15:42
M2: 15:48
M3: 17:20
M4: 16:57
M5: 16:18
M6: 16:35

No comments:

Post a Comment