Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hostile Takeover

I have four families. It's both a blessing and a curse.

My husband and I are both children of divorce, which has made for quite a puzzle in the past whenever a holiday approaches. We would engage in healthy debate over whom we were going to grace with our presence. Holidays have been less of a challenge since we moved to Florida, as only my mother lives nearby - the remaining 3 families are back in the mid-Atlantic.

When we moved to Florida, we extended the invitation to the 3 families to come visit us anytime.

We didn't mean that they should all come in the same week.

Tonight, my mother-in-law and her sister arrive for a two-night stay-over. My father-in-law and his wife are then stopping in overnight on Tuesday as they drive back north from a much longer vacay down in southern Florida. And on Thursday night, my father, stepmother, and half-brother arrive for an extended weekend visit. 

Just when I was trying to keep my stress levels low in preparation for April's big race. 

I think the hardest part about having company is being totally thrown off my usual routine, but in the past, I'd only have to deal with visitors in short sprints. So I'm working on planning out the week so I can adhere to my personal normality as much as possible. I have to accept that I may need to miss a few training runs. I may need to really work hard to keep my diet in check. I might miss a few blog posts.

I may also need to drink heavily, ruining my commitment to stay alcohol-free until the race.

Star Wars drunk At-At


On the bright side - since it worked out this way - I only had to marathon-clean my house once.

Oh, and as far as I know, my in-laws don't read the blog. But if they do... hi guys. It's your crazy daughter-in-law. Can't wait to see you.

Today's run: 9 mile long run before chaos
M1: 16:21
M2: 15:57
M3: 16:41
M4: 16:54
M5: 17:01
M6: 16:18
M7: 16:24
M8: 16:37
M9: 16:12

No comments:

Post a Comment