Saturday, January 2, 2016

Full of surprises.

Most of today's post is pre-written. I'm at my alma mater's bowl game today, and in order to get here, I had to be up and out the door at 3:30 this morning, and probably won't be getting home until late evening.

Anyway, my mother told me yesterday that I looked like I had lost weight. 

Comments like this drive a lot of conflicted emotions in me. 

It's not really a secret that losing weight has always been an important goal of mine, so of course my first thought was "Awesome."

And then I denied it. How could she see a change that I don't? Maybe she was just saying that because she thinks it was something I wanted to hear. Maybe she sees everything I've been doing in the past month as an effort to be thin, not an effort to achieve my half marathon goal. 

And then I feared it. I haven't really managed weight loss in a very healthy way in the past. My mother sees me weekly, and if she's seen a dramatic change in just one week, that's way too fast. It can't possibly be sustainable. 

Can it?

Eating more and running less is the formula for losing weight? 

Star Wars Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker say low carb high fat running is full of surprises.


Why didn't anybody tell me this eight years ago?

No, what everyone told me can be found in this article. Run faster to increase your calorie burn. "Limit" junk food intake (but, of course because you are running, there's nothing wrong with having a treat every once in a while). False and false.

Actually, the most solid tip in that article is "Be Your Own Expert." This whole journey has been an experiment on myself, and I'm still figuring things out. I'm not my own expert yet but have gotten much closer in these last 35 days than in my prior 35 years of life.

105 days left.

Today's Exercise: Rest

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
3 hard boiled eggs, coffeeProsciutto cucumber roll, winemore wineMore eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment