Saturday, January 9, 2016

Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy... or just quit sugar.

My New Year's Resolution to have more fun keeps getting ruined by weather. The cold prevented me from doing a beach run last weekend and slightly hindered my full enjoyment of last week's bowl game. Today, my husband and I were supposed to go on a hot air balloon ride but it was canceled because of fog. 

No worries. Gonna try a do-over on my beach run tomorrow and possibly go see Star Wars again tonight. I think I may see this movie in every format offered:
I don't always run to the movies, but when I do, it's to see Star Wars
Please, Disney, take all of my money. Thanks.
I went off my egg diet today and felt kind of meh afterwards. I mean, I still ate eggs for breakfast but introduced other things throughout the day. Plus I went out to breakfast, so maybe my omelette wasn't as clean as I thought it was. 

Sometime ago, I wondered what Tom Brady ate. Now I know. No sugar, no flour... sounds familiar. I do eat like an athlete!

Even Tom Brady's chef mentions how problematic sugar is in the article. But how does someone who is sugar addicted get off the white stuff? I watched a short video today called "How to finally kick sugar to the curb," but I don't think it delivered the secret. It talks about reduction, but moderation doesn't work for an addict. 

You can wait until more research about a hormone called fibroblast growth factor 21 comes out. Apparently this hormone is responsible for reducing sugar cravings. 

Or you can do what I did and just cut it out completely by eating a bunch of eggs or by doing a two week carbohydrate intolerance test. I didn't even miss sugar because I replaced it with healthy fats. 

100% abstinence. That's what is working for me.

98 days left

Today's Exercise:  Rest

Breakfast
Lunch
Snack(s)
Dinner
Roasted red pepper, spinach, bacon omelette coffeeBeef Bacon Bourguignon , teaAlmonds, HC latteN/A

No comments:

Post a Comment