Tuesday, January 12, 2016

That's impossible!

Time is just not on my side today. Here's the quick and dirty:
  • Still not sleeping.
  • Still not running.
  • Still eating tons of beef stew.

Stupid Costco and your 7lbs of meat.

Stressful crazy workday. Got another one coming up tomorrow, which makes me really regret my beach run on Sunday even more. Maybe I just need to move somewhere there's a better beach. I'm looking at you, Siesta Beach, with your magical 99% pure quartz sand. You might be worth the hour drive for a run. Anyway, my feet still are pretty angry about Sunday's run, so I've been skipping my morning workouts - which were great for putting me in the right mindset to tackle stressful workdays. 

Now, my day gets started with True Blood and a pot of coffee.

I'm also experiencing intense cravings. It's been a while since I started the low carb route that I felt this way and - frankly - I don't like it. What gives? Maybe it's my stew recipe. I don't think I'll be making it anymore.

Maybe it's time to jump into another Whole 30. It's a fairly restrictive elimination diet that models the paleo way of eating - no sugar, no dairy, no alcohol, no legumes, no grains, no fun. It's a challenge, for sure, but one that is incredibly eye opening and helps you discover the way you are meant to eat. It isn't supposed to be low carb necessarily, but it does tend to work out that way if you aren't eating potatoes. 

U.S. News &World Report recently ranked it last compared to other diets - but that seems unfair. It isn't really meant to be a weight loss diet. It's difficult, but I think it's been life changing for so many.

I did it in January, 2014 and February, 2015.  It's quickly becoming my annual tradition.

So - obviously - I've never been able to commit to applying what I've learned permanently. I always slide back into old behaviors. I think part of my issue was that I never changed the way I was working out - too far, too fast, too frequently. Last week, I read this sentence on page 107 in Primal Endurance that gave me a bit of an "aha" as to why I couldn't make it stick:

"One thing you don't want to do is start eating primally while training in a chronic pattern or during an intensity training phase. You absolutely need to focus on improving fat metabolism and eliminating sugar dependency, and intense workouts will make this transition extremely difficult, if not impossible."

Star Wars Luke Skywalker thinks running while doing the healthy Whole 30 is impossible.


Now that I'm running REALLY slowly (when, in fact, I do actually run), maybe it's time to try again.

95 days left

Today's Exercise:  Rest


Breakfast
Lunch
Snack(s)
Dinner
Beef stew, coffeeBeef Stew , teaAlmondsMore Beef stew

No comments:

Post a Comment