Friday, January 29, 2016

Musings

In an effort to satisfy my OCD urges with the blog, I've pre-written a few posts so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting to it while moving.

Star Wars Han Solo saying "Don't everybody thank me all at once"

Today's message is about failure. January is just about over, and I expected to be further along in my half marathon training at this point. April 17th crawls closer. Unless some Maffetone Method magic kicks in soon, I need to accept that it is possible my sub 2:00 half marathon is not going to happen.

And I need to learn to be ok with public failure.

So I really like this article right now: 5 Failures You Need to Experience if You Want to Succeed in Life.

The author writes: "Success and happiness come with noticing the progress you’ve made, and understanding that every lesson is a step forward."

Alright. Let's notice progress then, shall we? I've come to a point where running is not a chore. I like my runs - I don't torture myself on the treadmill anymore. I found a way to run where it doesn't feel like punishment, and where it's gentle enough for me that I've remained injury free for a few months now. 

If my sub 2:00 half marathon goal doesn't happen in April, then I feel ok about not "retiring" from running just yet.

But just like the author talks about not giving up, I'm also going to keep trying. If it isn't in April, then I've got my eyes on the Fall.

78 days left

Today's Exercise:  Rest, unless you count moving 8 million boxes into my new house.

Yeah, I'm not going to post my food log today. There might have been a severe sugar relapse, or maybe there wasn't. It shall remain a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment