Monday, January 11, 2016

That... is why you fail.

I give up.

I may never get sleep figured out. Every time I think I'm making progress (like here and here), I seem to go right back to waking up at 4am.

My Garmin running watch shows sleep data.


Garmin says I'm only awake for 16 minutes, but that's not true. I'm not sure how my tracker differentiates between me being awake and lightly sleeping. 

More reason to be anxious about not sleeping - it's apparently causing me to be a hormonal wreck. Poor sleep = out of whack hunger and stress hormones = sayonara, weight loss. The clock is ticking closer to April's race, and I still feel like I have so far to go.

But then again... look at how far I've come.

What is there left to do to normalize sleep? I'm thinking about taking a critical look at my coffee consumption. Maybe it's best to end that relationship and see what happens...

I like my coffee like I like my Star Wars Death Star - powerful enough to destroy a planet.
Next week. I'll do it next week.
Didn't run today - I'll see how I feel tomorrow, but I think my feet may take some time to heal from yesterday's beach torture.

96 days left

Today's Exercise:  Rest


Breakfast
Lunch
Snack(s)
Dinner
3 eggs with spinach, coffeeBeef Bacon Bourguignon , teaHC Latte, almondsMore Beef stew

3 comments :

  1. First things first---I adore your blog header!

    Secondly, what are you eating at night? I know if I have caffeine or a lot of sugar within a couple of hours of going to bed, my sleep is affected... restless, several wake-ups, etc. I gave up caffeine and sugar for about 3 weeks once, and man--I had the best sleep of my life during that time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! Sugar and I are on non-speaking terms right now, but I drink a bit more coffee than I should in the morning. Otherwise no caffeine (maybe a small amount in a decaf latte by 4pm). I'm thinking the only way to find out if it's the problem is to quit cold turkey for a little while, but it's so hard to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I've had the same thoughts but I just can't let coffee go! I've come to think anxiety may play a role. Perhaps with you too?

    ReplyDelete