Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Fatigue

If you've been following me and know about my housing saga, I have good news - I have a new temporary apartment lined up!

So next week promises to be very busy as my husband and I pack up our current temp space, (inclusive of three fur children), clean up, and get the heck out. I'm glad I've achieved some momentum in switching to morning workouts so that I can spend evenings next week focused on another mini-move.

While I really wished I would not have to move a second time, there are a few things I'm looking forward to in the new apartment. One is the promise of decent sleep - I've complained here before that my current apartment isn't ideal. The city lights stream in through broken window blinds, and the bed isn't what I'd call comfortable. The bed in the new apartment isn't that much of an upgrade, but it at least will be located in a dark room.

Switching to morning workouts prior to Daylight Savings Time ending was really challenging for me because I always felt exhausted in the morning. I've had a pretty good week but my streak ended today when I just felt too tired to do anything. I read this article about fatigue that identifies the three most common causes of fatigue - lack of sleep (duh), chronic stress, and long workouts. It also suggests supplementation that can help you address those three causes. For me, I really think that lack of sleep is the major culprit - my stress levels have gone down (although might be rising with our home builder) since I moved to Florida and work from home full time (not having to fight traffic and getting to wear t-shirts to work has that effect).  If I still struggle with sleep after the move, then maybe I'll try supplements.

But I wonder -  once I start adding longer runs in January - if I'll be suffering from fatigue again. I'm not going to assume I will, but it will be nice to keep their suggested supplements in my back pocket in case I find I'm struggling:


  • creatine
  • branch chain amino acids
  • acetyl-l-carnitine
  • glucose - not sure about this one. isn't this just sugar?


162 days left.

Today's Exercise: Rest Day

PWO
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
N/A
LatteChineseCereal

No comments:

Post a Comment