Sunday, November 15, 2015

Spoiled

I am unpacked and settled in the new temporary apartment, about 20 minutes away from where I was previously living. I'm feeling a little bit down about it. Our new location puts me further away from the water. There's not much to walk to from here. I went to check out the new apartment complex's onsite gym, but two of the three treadmills were broken, which could pose a challenge for both my husband and I to continue our Star Wars Half training at the same time. There is a branch of my Globo Gym about 15 minutes from here, but driving anywhere is pretty impossible once rush hour hits. I'm hoping to give it a shot tomorrow morning before work - maybe it's early enough that we won't have any problems getting there.

I have to remind myself this is only for a month or so while we're waiting for our house to be ready. And there's a nice pool and hot tub here, at least, but the temperature here has dropped significantly - you'd think it was fall or something.

My depression might stem from the chronic stress experienced everyday over the last seven days between moving and a tumultuous workweek. I devoted my entire weekend to moving out of and cleaning up our old apartment. Then I gave up my Sunday afternoon to work - playing catch-up from taking a half-day off Friday to move, plus trying to get ahead of a few things to minimize the impact of this upcoming week (could be that another equally stressful week is looming).

Overall, not much to look forward to, except the hour I spent at spin class this morning. Doing something that's routine in an otherwise chaotic week feels good - even if that something happens to be an exhausting hour on the bike. I am looking forward to one thing this week though - tomorrow is my monthly massage ritual! Hoping that can help pull me out of  my current blues. Just gotta keep calm and move along.

Star Wars Stormtrooper "Keep Calm and Move Along"


153 days left.

Today's Exercise:  Spin

PWO
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
N/A
Eggs, sausage, potatoes, CoffeeN/AChicken salad, gingerbread men, wine

No comments:

Post a Comment