Monday, November 16, 2015

So much for sleep

I was really hoping my new temporary apartment would bring me better quality sleep than what I had at the last place.

My hopes were dashed when I was kept awake in the middle of the night by what sounded like a train or a truck with a really obnoxious horn. My husband thinks that maybe a tanker came in to the shipyard nearby and what I was hearing was a foghorn. I hope not - I didn't think being this close to a port would pose a problem. I'm hoping this won't be a nightly occurrence.

My husband and dog then took turns snoring at similar pitch/volume/decibel. That, I'm afraid, I can't escape.

Star Wars Emperor Palpatine is running on little sleep.


Even though Monday is usually supposed to be a rest day, I had wanted to go to the gym this morning to make up for lost time last week during the move. Plus I'm anxious to determine if traffic is going to be a problem for us now in the new location. I set my alarm clock for 6am, but shut it down in favor of trying to get more sleep since last night was so terrible.

I don't want to fall out of the habit of morning workouts, as work has been extraordinarily stressful as of late, and the mountain of work keeps coming. I think it's going to be very difficult to be motivated to work out at the end of the workday if this keeps up as it is quite draining. The later into the evening I work, the less likely I am to be motivated to workout. Case in point - I had a short window between 5pm and this evening's massage to get to the gym or go for a walk or do something active, but I was chained to my laptop for too long. Any resolve to meet my personal goals goes out the window after a certain point in the workday, so morning workouts are really a must.

Hoping tonight's massage gets me back into a good place to fall asleep easily and feel refreshed for tomorrow.

152 days left.

Today's Exercise:  Rest

PWO
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
N/A
Eggs with spinach, CoffeeChicken saladTJs Chicken patties, roasted butternut squash

No comments:

Post a Comment