Monday, November 9, 2015

Hurry Up

I need to get faster.

Active.com gives a few tips for getting up to speed, including adding speed work, hill runs, and weight lifting to your training plan. I have one of three covered since I started making strength training more routine. Speed work I can do on a treadmill, but there aren't any hills conveniently located in Florida.

Unless you count the highway overpasses that I'll have to run over during the Star Wars half at Disney in April. They were murder - and something that could definitely screw up any plans I have for a sub 2:00:00 half, even if I can shave a minute off my mile pace by the time April gets here.

So I've got two ways I'm approaching this - I'll start bumping up the incline on my treadmill runs. I'll also make glutes a priority. Here's a few exercises I'll be adding to the routine.

Star Wars Yoda Yoga
Or perhaps I need to add some Yoda Yoga to my training. You can get these awesome posters on Etsy.  

159 days left.

Today's Exercise:  3.1 mile treadmill interval run (9:40 min/mi) @ Apartment Gym

PWO
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
GNC Pureedge Energy
GNC Pureedge protein, coffeeChiliEggs, spinach, goat cheese, glass of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment